The Human CB2 Receptor and its Role in the Eye
A New Target for Controlling Pain, Inflammation and Disease
CB2R are expressed throughout the eye where they control pain and inflammation arising from a wide range of procedures and diseases.
TA-A001 is a highly selective activator of human CB2 Receptors found throughout the eye
Formulated with micellar SmartCelle technology, TA-A001 displayed rapid long-lasting potent analgesic anti-inflammatory properties in gold standard models of keratoconus and PRK surgeries and suppressed inflammatory mediators, adhesion molecules and immune cell accumulation in models of corneal neuropathic pain and uveitis. TA-A001 also reduced disease severity in a proliferative vitreoretinopathy model again inhibiting immune cell binding and accummulation and lowering inflammatory mediators.
Unlike NSAIDS and steroids TA-A001 has no negative effects on wound healing or intra-ocular pressure.
TA-A001: A New Mechanism Immunomodulatory Drug
- Proprietary new molecular entity (NME) with nano-molar affinity for the human CB2 receptor (CB2R), a GPCR known to control pain and inflammation for which it is a full agonist.
- Highly selective for CB2R showing no off-target activity in the CEREP panel of 64 GPCR and no CB1 receptors (CB1R) activity
- Displays no psychoactive effects and is not a controlled substance
- Potency ten-fold greater than NSAIDS and analgesia equivalent to opioids
- Low probability for drug/interactions or effects on the heart.
- Well tolerated after intravenous and topical (ocular) administration.
- Not an efflux substrate
- Strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory synergy with cyclo-oxygenase inhibitors allowing NSAID sparing.
- No delaying effect on wound healing and may promote wound closure
- Anti-angiogenic effect
- Patent applications in the USA covering its composition, method of manufacture and uses pending
TALLC issues new Corporate Presentation
Dr. Damon Smith at Biotech Show Case
TALLC at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit
TALLC Corporation Announces Grant of New SmartCelle Patent for Enhanced Ocular Delivery of TA-A001
Tetra Bio-Pharma and Altus Formulation Form New Company “TALLC” to Exploit TA-A001
© TALLC Inc. 2020