The Human CB2 Receptor and its Role in the Eye
A New Target for Controlling Pain, Inflammation and Disease
CB2R are expressed throughout the eye where they control pain and inflammation arising from a wide range of procedures and diseases.
TA-A001 is a highly selective activator of human CB2 Receptors found throughout the eye
Formulated with micellar SmartCelle technology, TA-A001 displayed rapid long-lasting potent analgesic anti-inflammatory properties in gold standard models of keratoconus and PRK surgeries and suppressed inflammatory mediators, adhesion molecules and immune cell accumulation in models of corneal neuropathic pain and uveitis. TA-A001 also reduced disease severity in a proliferative vitreoretinopathy model again inhibiting immune cell binding and accummulation and lowering inflammatory mediators.
Unlike NSAIDS and steroids TA-A001 has no negative effects on wound healing or intra-ocular pressure.
TA-A001: A New Mechanism Immunomodulatory Drug
- Proprietary new molecular entity (NME) with nano-molar affinity for the human CB2 receptor (CB2R), a GPCR known to control pain and inflammation for which it is a full agonist.
- Highly selective for CB2R showing no off-target activity in the CEREP panel of 64 GPCR and no CB1 receptors (CB1R) activity
- Displays no psychoactive effects and is not a controlled substance
- Potency ten-fold greater than NSAIDS and analgesia equivalent to opioids
- Low probability for drug/interactions or effects on the heart.
- Well tolerated after intravenous and topical (ocular) administration.
- Not an efflux substrate
- Strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory synergy with cyclo-oxygenase inhibitors allowing NSAID sparing.
- No delaying effect on wound healing and may promote wound closure
- Anti-angiogenic effect
- Patent applications in the USA covering its composition, method of manufacture and uses pending
Enhanced Ocular Delivery of TA-A001
Tetra Bio-Pharma and Altus Formulation Form New Company “TALLC” to Exploit TA-A001
© TALLC Inc. 2020